Hosting a successful event is just the beginning. Conducting a post-event survey is essential to gauge its impact and gather valuable feedback. Post-event surveys provide an opportunity to gather insights directly from attendees and other event participants, helping you understand what worked well and identify areas for improvement.
To get started, choose a platform to conduct your survey. You can use anything from a customized portal on your event website or app to an emailed Google Form. A popular option, Survey Monkey is now integrated with Eventbrite making it easy to create a survey to send directly to everyone who attended your event.
When creating questions, make sure to include questions about their overall impression of the event, what they liked or disliked, and how likely they will attend again. Additionally, it’s worth asking for suggestions on what they would like to see at future events.
Let’s walk through the following example survey questions:
- Rate your overall event experience on a scale of 1-5.
- What aspects of the event did you find most valuable or enjoyable?
- Were there any areas of the event that could be improved?
- Did the event content meet your expectations and provide valuable insights?
- Which sessions or presentations resonated with you the most, and why?
- Were there any topics or areas that you felt were missing or could have been explored further?
- Did you have ample opportunities to network and connect with other attendees?
- Did you find the networking activities or formats effective in facilitating meaningful interactions?
- How would you rate the event’s logistics, including registration, venue, facilities, and event flow?
- How did you first learn about the event, and was the pre-event communication clear and informative?
Note: Please share any additional feedback or suggestions for improving future events in the space provided.
Create multiple-choice answers to make it easier for the attendee. Keep to a maximum of 10 questions to ensure a higher completion rate.
- Provide incentives for attendees to complete the survey. For example, they must complete the survey to access the presenter slides or event photos.
- Include this survey with the attendee thank-yous as a means to streamline communication.
Post-event surveys are invaluable for gathering feedback and insights to improve future events. By asking the right questions, you can gain a deeper understanding of attendee experiences, identify areas for growth, and make informed decisions to enhance the overall event planning and execution. Remember to analyze the survey responses carefully, implement necessary changes, and show appreciation to survey participants for their valuable input.